True or false. You want to look beautiful in your photos. Okay, maybe it’s a 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 that you want to look beautiful. But what about 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 beautiful What is the key to making you look AND feel beautiful? Here is how to look AND feel beautiful during your engagement photos.
Start by giving yourself permission to be who you are and to express the love that you share.
We are human. We are shaped from star dust and love and a million years of perfecting. Own the love–all of it. Own who you are and allow yourself to relax. You are beauty.
Okay, that’s all great and wonderful, Nate…but how do I feel beautiful too?
I am so glad you asked. I have a little list of how to look AND feel beautiful during your engagement photo session because…let’s face it. We’re not all Victoria and David Beckham modeling for Vogue Paris…
Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be Posh and Becks to look amazing and to feel amazing.
How to look AND feel beautiful during your engagement photos.
- You receive a style guide from me when you book. It has all sorts of amazing information in it including color theory and why certain colors and locations work well. You also get a few website recommends to places like Lulus which has dresses, skirts, skorts, shorts, and just about everything else that looks stunning for ANY season and ANY body type. #werk
- I bring the bass, the beats, and the Bose speaker! For your session, I always bring along my Bose speaker I received as a Christmas present a few years back and we rock the house down with your favorite tunes. Why music? Because music makes everyone feel more comfortable and if you’re comfortable, you’re on you’re way to looking and feeling beautiful at your engagement photo session!
Oh yeah, totally check out the speaker I have. It’s amazing and gets LOUD and perfect for all the pool parties and holiday parties!
- You have permission to be yourself and to express your love however you normally would. Whether it’s hand holding, some steamy almost-kisses, or maybe just sharing a laugh together–there’s a sweet spot that you two have and we will live right in it.
- I use a lot of humor during my shoot. I’m not a boring or humorless photographer. Sometimes I’m loud, sassy, dancing, jumping, or demonstrating how to drop it like it’s hot so you can see that there’s 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 in putting your back into it for some genuine laughs.
- And my #1 secret for on how to look AND feel beautiful during your engagement photos (on top of being beautiful because we already know you’re fierce and GORGEOUS YAS GAWD!)
Take it to the MAX!
What does that mean? Think of a laugh. Go up to a mirror (seriously go try this) and smile at yourself. It’s probably a modest, small, nice smile. Take a mental image. Now laugh. It was probably a small one. Cheeks briefly lit up and pulled back, you let out one single “heh” and that was it. Now while you may be drop dead gorgeous. Does that subtle smile or “heh” translate to those epic over the top images you want? Probably not. So what’s the key to taking to ‘to the max?’
Make it look ridiculous!
Seriously. Take it all the way to ridiculous! Let it all out. Get so loud that you scare yourself. Smile so big you’re going to need chapstick afterward. Those extremes are where we have to take ourselves to get these beautiful and joyful images. Because right AFTER you hit the extreme Joker cackle, and then energy hits the 100% mark instead of the 1000% mark, is where the magic actually happens.
Really beautiful photos.
And you FEEL it!
You feel comfortable. You feel beautiful. You feel head over heels in love and you two leave your session excited to see how some weirdo with a camera (hi, it’s me again) can translate a Heather Ledger Joker smile into something that will most likely be published in wedding magazines.
This is how to look AND feel beautiful during your engagement photos!
So, what makes you feel beautiful? What’s that routine or mantra look or sound like? Let me know in the comments below! Or send me a message and we can chat more!